Mr. Scout and I took some time last Friday to pull the radiator out of Peer Pressure and flush it, then reinstalled it and tightened up all the fittings. It ran very well for 20 minutes without leaking, although the battery was dead, so I swapped the battery in from the Jeep and took it for a spin around the block. Everything looked great for the next twenty minutes, at idle and under load, and so I brought it back and put it in the garage, thinking the problem was finally solved.
This evening, I found a damp puddle under the water pump, where there’s a visible leak coming from the bottom under the flywheel. So we’re back to square one with the stupid coolant system again. I’m going to have to buy a new water pump and gasket and swap the old one out and see if that solves the problem.
In happier news, I drilled three holes for the Tuffy console Friday afternoon, but each of the three hex bolts they shipped with it are the wrong size. The replacements I bought at the Lowe’s last weekend are all too long to work correctly, so I have to go back out and find shorter sizes in stainless steel.