Hagerty released its 2020 Bull Market List, a wrap-up of classic vehicles they predict will rise the most in value in the coming year. Smack in the middle of that list is the 72-80 Scout II. Some takeaways:
- They say the usual dumb stuff—”parts can be difficult to find.”
- Also: “Gen X is 56 percent of the quotes, and if Gen X likes it, the values are going to go up.”
- “American rivals such as the Ford Bronco and Chevy Blazer have out-appreciated the Scout.” Really? I don’t see Chevy Blazers anywhere. Early Broncos are everywhere, but I fail to believe a second-gen squarebody Blazer is more valuable than a Scout. Maybe a mint condition K5.
- The comments are divided, but I see more than one person saying they’d only take the Scout and the Ferrari from the total list of 10 vehicles.
- I’ve owned two of the other vehicles on this list: the Honda CRX and the Jeep Cherokee.